Wednesday, May 29, 2013

Fresh and Easy Guacamole

I am a huge fan of avocados. I had a perfectly ripe avocado yesterday and ever since Cort and I ate at this Mexican restaurant on Beverly Blvd a few weeks ago I have been craving guacamole, so that's what I made! 


Fresh and Easy Guacamole 
Ingredients:
-1 Avocado 
-1 handful of cherry tomatoes sliced in half
-1 can of no sodium black beans, drained and rinsed
-2 Tbsp fresh lime juice 
Directions:
-Combine all of the ingredients in a bowl and mash together
-Enjoy with chips, on a sandwich, or on top of a salad! 


The lime juice made it taste so fresh and the cherry tomatoes really brightened it up, I'm a huge fan!

I had a big spoonful of the guacamole on top of my salad for lunch. For dinner I picked up some shrimp and scallops at Whole Foods and made a healthy stir fry complete with veggies and my favorite paprika cauliflower rice


After dinner I was glad to relax and spend some time with Cort. He works pretty much all day so I always look forward to when we are able to just hang and catch up! 

I enjoyed an enormous bowl of my chunky monkey greek yogurt ice cream topped with a new chocolate muffin recipe I am experimenting with, YUM!


I hope everyone is having a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment