Monday, June 3, 2013

A Grilled Summer Meal

Hello!

Cort and I had an awesome weekend. He worked 9 hours every day this week so I know he was excited for a break. Saturday we drove to Newport Beach, just a few miles away from Laguna. I have some relatives in Newport and we had a great time visiting with them. It was 80 degrees and sunny so we spent a few hours on the beach and then went to their pool to cool off. It was such a relaxing afternoon! 

For dinner we went to True Food Kitchen. Cort and I are True Food Kitchen obsessed, we go there pretty much every weekend. And there is a pet store right by the restaurant so I couldn't help it... I had to stop in and obsess over the pups. 


TOO CUTE!! 

 We also grabbed ice cream at our other favorite spot, Sprinkles, after dinner. I got two scoops of red velvet ice cream with hot fudge and homemade whipped cream, it was the bomb. 

Sunday I went for a run in Santa Monica. I only run twice a week, normally 6-7 miles on Wednesday and 10 miles on Sunday. However, the last 10 mile run I went on resulted in my knees seriously aching for the rest of the day so I've been backing off a bit. 

So, Sunday I ran a little over 6 miles and since I shortened the distance I worked on increasing my pace. I would run for 1 minute, sprint 30 seconds, run 30 seconds, sprint 30 seconds, run 2 minutes, sprint 1 minute.... there was really no pattern but it worked for me! I was able to drop my time down from my usual 7:25 min/mile to 7:09 min/mile. 


After my run we drove to William Sonoma to get a stove top grill. I have been dying for one of these. I love my normal baked fish, but there is nothing like a grilled meal, it just screams summer! We found an awesome double burner stove top grill and stopped at Whole Foods to get some food. 



We ended up grilling asparagus, shrimp, and Cort got a steak. He was a happy guy. 


I put lemon juice, olive oil, salt, pepper, and some type of seasoning I found at Whole Foods on the shrimp. It was AWESOME! I cannot wait to make these again. 


On the side we had mushrooms, tomatoes, and roasted spaghetti squash.



We ended the night watching Game of Thrones. I was a little lost because I just started watching it, but Cort was freaking out like the rest of the world, haha it was pretty intense. 

That's all for now, have a great Monday! 

No comments:

Post a Comment