Monday, June 17, 2013

Picca, the Bazzar, and Providence!

Hello!

My mom came to stay with Cort and I from Tuesday until this past Friday and we had the best time! We hiked, shopped, and ate A LOT. We went to three of the best restaurants I have ever been to. My mom is a big foodie like me so I researched which three restaurants I knew I wanted to go to when she came out. 
Tuesday night we went to Picca, where Cort and I went a few months ago. It was our favorite restaurant (until we went to Providence, which I will tell you about shortly), so I wanted my Mom to check it out. 

Then, Wednesday night we went to the Bazaar, a few miles from our house. This place was incredible. It was like an adult Alice in Wonderland, the layout of the restaurant was so funky and the menu was whimsical and delicious. I really can't do it justice by explaining it so you've got to check out their website here. This post would be a mile long if I shared everything we ordered, so I will just pick my favorite. I got the brussel sprout salad that came with tiny chopped up apples, apricots, and grapes, as well as "lemon air" on top for the dressing.


One of my favorite presentations was the"Magical Mojito" that Cort got. It was basically a mojito that was poured over cotton candy to make it extra sweet! 

And finally, as if dinner wasn't enough, they moved us to a new table in a different part of the restaurant for dessert. One of my favorites was our dark chocolate pop rocks, so fun! 


Okay so Thursday night we went to Providence. I knew it was more formal than the Bazaar, so it was fun to get dressed up for our last night! I wish I could describe how unbelievable this food was. It was hands down the best dining experience I have ever had. Our dinner was 4 hours long, yes really 4 hours, and we loved every minute! 

I will just share the highlight of each of our meals...

Cort ordered prawns for an appetizer, which are basically like large shrimp. They brought them out and cooked them in front of us in a bath of steaming hot sea salt, and then cut them open and finished them with lemon and olive oil. 


For his entree he ordered the wagyu beef. My mom and Cort did not stop raving about this all night. Cort said it pretty much ruined steak for him because nothing he eats now will ever compare to it haha. It was only a 3 oz piece, but it was so rich that was all that was necessary. 

This was sliced in front of us, and then the sauce was poured over the plate (at this point it got pretty dim in the restaurant so my pictures aren't the greatest). 
My meal was so beautiful! I ordered the salmon and it came with roasted root vegetables. 
After dinner we commented on how none of our meals came with a starch, and that's how it should be! All of our portions were the perfect size so you didn't feel overly full afterwards. 

My mom went with a lobster salad for her appetizer and veal for her entree which she loved. 

Finally, dessert. Everything sounded so delicious we couldn't choose what to order so we went big and did the 6 course dessert. So basically we were each given a mini portion of each dessert. 


Our third dessert was by far my favorite. I can't even pronounce what it was but it was a bunch of vanilla things, my favorite! It was a vanilla creme frosting with a vanilla almond cake underneath and some other delicious things. I will seriously dream about this. 

Another favorite was our last dessert. It was a chocolate mousse of some sort, and it reminded me of a fancy version of that "dirt" dessert we used to make as kids, with the chocolate pudding on the bottom and Oreo crumbles on top.



Well that is all for now, I hope you guys enjoyed these pics! We had such a great time talking and laughing throughout the night and it was a bummer when my mom had to leave the next morning. But Cort's family, my brother Mike and Cara, and Ben and Natalie will all be out within the next month and I can't wait!! 

Have a great week everyone! =)




No comments:

Post a Comment