Saturday, February 9, 2013

Chunky Monkey Greek Yogurt Ice Cream

I have learned to become a fan of greek yogurt pretty recently. I've tried it numerous times in the past and I always thought it had an odd flavor that I could never get used to. However, it is such a great source of protein, in fact the FAGE Total 0% Greek Yogurt that I use has 0 grams of fat and 18 grams of protein in one little container! So I have sucked it up and learned to like, in fact love greek yogurt. Especially when I use it to make Chunky Money Greek Yogurt Ice cream =).





Chunky Monkey Greek Yogurt Ice Cream Recipe
-1 container of nonfat greek yogurt 
-1 tablespoon of chia seeds
-1 small spoonful of almond or peanut butter
-2 tablespoons of chocolate powdered peanut butter (or 1 tbsp of powdered peanut butter and 1tbsp of unsweetened cocoa powder)
-1 peanut butter cookie larabar (or whatever your favorite bar/flavor happens to be!)



Directions
-Mix the chia seeds, almond butter, and the powdered chocolate peanut butter into the greek yogurt and freeze for 40 minutes
-Take it out, mix it around, and sprinkle the Lara Bar on top.
-DIG IN!

This literally taste like you are eating a bowl of Ben and Jerry's. It is so thick, creamy, crunchy, and delicious!




No comments:

Post a Comment