Sunday, June 24, 2012

A Weekend of Workouts, Recipes, and Relaxation!

Hey everyone!

This weekend flew by! I have a lot to cover so this is a little long, but I promise there's some good workouts and recipes for you guys...

Saturday morning is when I do my hill sprint workout... dun dun dun... it sucks but when I'm done I feel invincible, so I fight through it! And this Saturday I had my cousin Paden there to tough it out with me, so it definitely made it more "enjoyable", if that's possible. 

So basically the workout is broken down like this:
-7 hill sprints (all the way to the top of this killer hill above) 
-34 burpees (w/ out a push up)
-34 squat jumps
-34 push ups
3 rounds 

We were dead by the end of this workout, it took about an hour, and when we got home I made my absolute favorite post-workout shake...the vanilla banana oat shake. I hate to put up pictures of this shake because I realize it doesn't look too appetizing, but trust me, it is so delicious and such a great way to refuel after a workout as tough as this one was. Paden even said "Wow, I'd eat this over ice cream!" And for something that is sugar and dairy free, that is pretty impressive!

Vanilla Banana Oat Shake
-1 frozen sliced banana
-1/4 cup of almond or coconut milk (I mix both types in)
-1/2 cup of oats 
-1 heaping tbsp of chia seeds
-1 tbsp of cinnamon 
-2 tbsp of powdered peanut butter 
-1/2 cup of crushed ice
-1/2 a scoop of vanilla protein powder or your choice 
Put all of the ingredients in a food processor or blender, and blend until smooth. 

Again, I know the picture isn't too appetizing but oh baby! It is so thick and delicious we had to eat it with a spoon. 

All gone :) YUMMMO!!! I'm serious, try this recipe out and tell me what you think. 


Cort took me out to dinner Saturday night and we sat outside, it was so nice! 
I ordered their fish special which was Hawaiian Ono (just a light, white fish) with spinach, and a black bean and chickpea salsa... so delicious! A tip when going out to eat--stick with lean protein and veggies, skip the bread and starches with your meal. I know a lot of people get that "uncomfortably full" feeling after going out to eat, so just try to keep it light and you'll enjoy yourself much more.

Sunday was a day to just relax! I went on a run in the morning while my mom biked next to me, and then I hung around the pool with Cort and the dogs for the rest of the day.



(Quick stretch before... lots of water after!!!) 

These are the best kinds of days =)

 If anyone has any questions about my diet, recipes, or workouts, or just anything in general, don't hesitate to ask! I love getting comments! 




No comments:

Post a Comment