Saturday, May 25, 2013

Home Sweet Home!

Last week Cort and I took the red-eye back home after our last final. It was pretty rough trying to sleep on the plane so we only got about an hour of sleep but Cort was able to surprise his sister and make it to her graduation! Such an awesome picture! Congrats Rachel! =)



My mom picked me up at the airport and I was so anxious to get home and see my girls...


They are too stinkin' cute. 

My mom started a garden early this spring that I heard a lot about but hadn't seen in person yet. I couldn't believe how massive it was! 

She planted kale, butter leaf lettuce, spinach, red leaf lettuce, a variety of herbs, radishes, beets, tomatoes, and snap peas. So you better believe I made myself a fresh salad every day. 

It was so cool to be able to walk outside and pick my own lettuce! I can't wait until I can have my own garden, it's definitely worth the hard work. 


Veggies on veggies on veggies... yummm!




My mom always makes sure to stock up on food when I come home, so I had a lot of my usual favorites as well... oatmeal included. 


I spent lots of time with friends, including an awesome workout at Bob's with Natalie, Jodie, Becca, Cort and the kids. 

=)
I was able to take three Pilates classes with my mom too. I absolutely LOVE Pilates, it feels so good to stretch instead of beating up my body like I normally do. Not to mention it is a crazy good workout for your core. If I could afford it I would absolutely keep it up out here but for now I will just have to sneak in some sessions when I go home. 
We stopped at the mall to get pedicures on the way home from Pilates one of the days, my mom insisted because my toes were looking pretty rough. I decided to give in and be girly for once. 


I also made sure to spend lots of time relaxing by the pool, I'm definitely going to miss my house this summer, it's the best!

And finally, there was lots and lots of snuggle time with the dogs... 







 I'm going to miss them like crazy this summer! Therefore I am 98% sure I am going to adopt my own, but we will see. 
Our flight on the way home was almost 6 hours which wasn't too fun. I was glad I packed us an absurd amount of food. The lady sitting next to me probably thought I was crazy, I kept pulling out more and more food from my bag. I packed us salads that I made with a hard boiled egg, butternut squash, and tomatoes, as well as cut up veggies, apples, grapes, cherries, a pear, kiwis, LARA bars, and trail mix. The only thing we had to eat before going through security was the greek yogurt, but everything else we could bring right through security! It was definitely worth it, because the food they were serving on the plane didn't compare and it was nice to have some fresh food to munch on. 

When we got back, I made a trip to whole foods to stock the fridge, and Cort got to work on putting together more furniture from IKEA (he's the king at that kind of stuff... I just provide support and snacks).


Oh! And I was the lucky winner of NutButterRunner's Nuttzo giveaway. That's right, I had a delicious jar of my absolute obsession, NUTTZO, waiting for me when I got back!

And that's all for now... I am currently working on converting my blog to a new site so hopefully that'll be done soon! Have a great Memorial Day weekend everyone

2 comments:

  1. Rose, it's sad that your time in PA was so short, but I'm excited for you and Cort to have PA visitors Ben and Natalie coming out soon your way too. Hope everyone will have a blast! Saw Bob Gorinski in the Spring for a little core workout myself.

    It's wonderful to see you handle the travel situations with such aplomb & congrats on the NuttZo!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Aunt Mona! We cannot wait for Ben and Natalie to come out, it's going to be awesome! I'm sure I will have lots of pictures to share =)

      Delete