Monday, May 27, 2013

Strawberry n' Cream Frosty

Happy Memorial Day! 

Today started off with a killer workout. It is tradition in most crossfit gyms to complete "Murph" on Memorial Day, a WOD in memory of Navy Lieutenant Michael Murphy who was killed in Afghanistan at age 29 in 2005. So, Cort and I went to Brick at 11 this morning to take on the following... 

For time: 
1 mile Run
100 Pull-ups
200 Push-ups
300 Squats
1 mile Run

When we got back, I made myself a quick shake with this awesome new superfood blend I bought at Matthew Kenney's restaurant, MAKE. I love this place, and wrote a post about our amazing dinner there a few months ago. It is called the "Green Dream" and it is a blend of spirulina, maca, tocos, mesquite, hemp powder, chia seeds, and vanilla.  I mixed a scoop of the Green Dream powder with two cups of almond milk. It was delicious! 


So, onto the Strawberries n' Cream Frosty! Last night I was so excited to use these new ice cube trays that Cort got for me. I have been looking for ice cube trays everywhere after seeing this article, so many good ideas! 


 I filled the tray with almond milk and plain greek yogurt. After freezing it for a few hours, I put all of the cubes in a blender with a handful of frozen strawberries and another splash of almond milk, and that's it! 


It was SO thick and creamy, it reminded me of a strawberry frosty from Wendy's! I will definitely be using these almond milk and greek yogurt ice cube for now on, it makes such a difference! 


=)

No comments:

Post a Comment