Monday, April 2, 2012

This is my first official blog! Can't wait to share some of my beliefs and ideas about fitness and nutrition, and hear some feedback and tips from other people. Fitness has become such a huge part of my life, and I've been committed to reading about and hearing all different types of opinions in order to get the best idea about what exercises and foods will benefit people the most.

For my first blog, I've decided to talk about what it is like to be an individual who eats healthy (I follow a pesco-lacto-ovo vegetarian diet, meaning I don't eat any meat except fish, and I also eat eggs and dairy), works out daily, and doesn't drink or smoke... while in college.

First of all, I don't want anyone to think I am some crazy health freak, and seeing as I am counting down the days until lent is over so I can indulge in a peanutbuttercupblast (YAY!) from Brusters, I don't think that would be the correct label. However, I do normally eat healthy, organic, and fresh foods, and really commit to (and enjoy) getting at least 45 minutes of exercise in daily. It's definitely more of a challenge to live this type of lifestyle in college, as the cafeteria food, for lack of a better word, sucks... and many people would rather go out on saturday night then go to bed at 9:00 pm so they can get up at 6:00 am to work out, which is totally understandable. So, keeping this type of routine up every day, 7 days a week, can get stressful at times, (especially while trying to get an A in all 6 classes), but it's what makes me happy. I used to judge others for their lack of commitment to health and fitness, but I have worked on learning to let people live their lives whatever way makes them happy too, because that is what life is all about really, being happy.

And so, I hope to bring some happiness to who is ever reading my blog by informing, entertaining, and motivating people to change their lives for the better by training hard, eating healthy, and being happy!

8 comments:

  1. This is a great idea Rose! I've been seeing your posts on facebook about hosting training sessions this summer and I'd love some guidance on my own workouts. Looking forward to reading more of your blog!! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the comment Ellen!! I'm really excited about it, I'll definitely have some great tips for you! =)

      Delete
  2. Rose! I didn't know you were studying kinesiology and nutrition! That's awesome! I always respected you for your dedication and hard work in this area! I think it's great that your so passionate about this! Hope your doing well :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hey jess!! thank you so much!! It's great to hear from you, I hope everything is going well for you too!

      Delete
  3. I'm so excited that youre doing this so i can get more info on healthy eating and good exercises! as if i dont get enough already.. haha its so addicting!! :) we def have to train together this summer at some point! just like the good old days with sam! Im so excited to read your upcoming blogs!! yayyy!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha thanks caitlin!!! You definitely share my passion for this stuff!! I'd love to train with you this summer, I miss workin out together!

      Delete
  4. Hi Rose,
    It's Victoria, from Presence:) I loved reading all about your summer and the recipes look yummy...I am definitely going to try some of them. I just got back from 9 weeks of training for Bikram Yoga. You have to try it.....I know you would love it:) And, also when I was in LA, my roommate is a trainer in Virginia. She turned me on to an incredible tasting protein powder from UMP. It's the very best I ever tasted. If you want to try some, just let me know. I will bring some to the store and your mom can pick it up. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello!!

    My mom told me all about your Bikram training this summer, it sounded like an unbelievable experience!! I would love to try some of that protein, I'm always looking for protein powders that taste good! I'll let my mom know, thanks for the comment! =)

    ReplyDelete