Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Exercises

I often talk about incorporating burpees (including a push up and tuck jump), squat jumps, lunge jumps, and side lunge touch downs into your workouts. Just so people know exactly what I am talking about I downloaded some videos of myself doing the exercises. I have ankle weights on in the squat/lunge jump video which is of course optional, but if you think they are too easy try them with a pair of ankle weights on to challenge yourself.

I find these are great to do on days when you are focusing on weight training more than cardio, but you still want to get your heart rate up. Try these in between your normal stationary weight lifting exercises.

(You may hear my good friend Ben Conner commentating in the background)





Burpee


                                                               Side lunge touch downs 


Squat and Lunge Jumps with ankle weights 

1 comment:

  1. haha ben in the side lunge touch down "oh yeah, oh yeah"

    ReplyDelete