Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Pulled Pork Sandwiches

I am so proud of these sandwiches! Fish is the only type of protein I've ever cooked with since it's all I eat. However, Cort eats all types of meat so lately I have been trying to cook something else besides salmon! When I found this incredibly simple recipe from peanutbutterfinger's blog I was sold and I went to Whole Foods to get a pork roast. 

This recipe was so simple there was no way I could mess it up because you really don't need to do anything...the crock pot does it all for you! I put the roast in the crock pot and poured a can of beef broth over top and then let it cook on low for 8 hours. 


I was dying to open the top of the crock pot all day long to check on it but refrained and waited until after we got back from our 6:30 crossfit class. 


Our apartment smelled so good all day and the pork turned out GREAT. It was so simple to shred, it fell right apart. Most importantly, Cort thought it was awesome! 


I made crispy sweet potato fries and some steamed broccoli and cauliflower to go on the side of his sandwich. He topped the pulled pork with BBQ sauce and went back for a second plate of just the pork.


So, if you have a crock pot absolutely try this recipe! It is so simple and apparently very delicious! We have a bunch of visitors coming out this summer so I am looking forward to making this again. 

I had an early dinner before crossfit while Cort was at work so I made myself a big protein shake when we got home. In the blender went my new favorite greek yogurt and almond milk ice cubes, a handful of frozen strawberries, a scoop of chocolate protein powder, and a splash of almond milk to get things moving.

 I then put it in the freezer for 20 minutes so that it was as thick as ice cream, YUM! 


No comments:

Post a Comment