Tuesday, June 19, 2012

A Typical Tuesday

Hey everybody!

This is the LAST week for the math class I am taking this summer, so I am definitely going to be putting a lot more time into my blog!

This morning I had the most amazing pancakes, and I would feel bad if I didn't share the recipe-- they were that good! Besides oatmeal, pancakes are my favorite breakfast food, but I don't eat them that often because they really aren't too great for you, and the healthier pancake recipes I have tried normally just don't do it for me. However, yesterday I found an awesome blog called peanutbutterfingers, and I followed her recipe for banana bread protein pancakes, and it was honestly the most delicious recipe i've tried so far. It is so simple and such a great way to start your day! So major props to Julie for coming up with such a great recipe.



After my class I met Cort for lunch in Harrisburg, and he works right by the Susquehanna so it is always nice sitting outside by the river! I packed us tuna salad with some nuts and a couple whole wheat crackers, apple slices, grapes, and some cut veggies. This is one of my favorite lunches, it has everything you need to reenergize and get through the afternoon. 


Now it is time for my workout! (Another reason I am glad class is ending--I can finally have my morning workouts back!!) 

Tuesday's Workout (3 circuits)
1.5 - 2 mile warm up run

3 sets of 10 single leg squats (each leg), 110 pounds
3 sets of 30 walking lunges (15 each leg), 40 pounds

3 sets of 5 around the world arm lifts, 10 pounds
3 sets of 10 plank rows
3 sets of 10 star jumps

3 sets of 100 jump rope skips
3 sets of 10 burpees (with push up)
3 sets of 20 leg raises, 60 bicycle, 20 pulses (abs)

After this workout, I will be having a nice big bowl of whole grain pasta with my mom's homemade tomato sauce for dinner, yummmmm. :) 







3 comments:

  1. Peanut Butter Fingers is my favorite blog!! I just made peanut butter french toast from there! So yummy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh my gosh I know she is awesome!! I'll have to try that recipe too!

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete