Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Why I am motivated


Before I get too serious, I wanted to share my dinner with you! Yesterday night we made one of my favorite meals for dinner... fish tacos!


Yep, it was as yummy as it looks! Cort and I took over the kitchen to make these for ourselves and my mom, and they definitely hit the spot. The watermelon salsa was the perfect topping to offset the spiciness of the fish (we used halibut). We also threw on some romaine lettuce, avocado, and corn for some crunch. Then we wrapped everything up in a whole grain tortilla! They are such a great and light summer meal, as apposed to traditional tacos which load on the calories with beef, sour cream, and cheese... so next time your family is craving tacos, try a fish taco recipe like this one instead! 

Okay, now a few thoughts I've had over the past couple of weeks...

As many of you know, I had a stroke a little over two months ago. It was completely random and really scary, but I was back to my normal self within two weeks. A couple of days ago I was doing some homework for my summer math class, and I suddenly got the same sort of feeling that I had before having my stroke. It's really hard to explain, but it's almost like everything slows down a bit. It scared me so I ran to the mirror and tried smiling and moving my face around, and shook my hands to make sure everything was still working okay. A few minutes later the feeling was gone and I was completely fine. 
I've always been really thankful for my health, but since my stroke I have been so appreciative every day for my physical and mental health. So when people ask me, "Where do you get your motivation?!", well, I simply try to take advantage of being young and healthy every day!
Put good food into your body, get enough sleep, drink lots of water, and get 30 minutes of some type of physical activity in each day. It really doesn't take much more than that. Don't take your health for granted, take advantage of these years when you have the potential to be in the best shape of your life. 

"Train Hard, Eat Healthy, Be Happy" :)

2 comments: