Thursday, May 9, 2013

Nuts for Nuttzo!

This post is going to be one big scattered mess because that is what the past two weeks have been like. We are finally moved in to our new place and it is awesome! But we had a heck of a time getting settled in. We still have no couch (it was backordered until this Saturday), and have had construction guys working in the bathroom all week but everything is slowly coming together!

I am absolutely in love with my our new kitchen and have been making a bunch of yummy dinners lately. 

Except our first night here. I was exhausted from moving and really didn't feel like making dinner so we decided to throw together a protein smoothie. Vanilla Vega Sport protein is what I like to use. I then added a frozen banana, frozen mango, plain FAGE yogurt, and two large handfuls of spinach for a nutritional kick! 
After stocking our fridge with all the essentials, I stepped it up a notch and started getting fancy in the kitchen.
 I made a batch of Nut Butter Runner's "Banana Nuttzo Mini Muffins", this recipe is so easy and Cort and I ate the whole batch in a just a few days. 


I had one on a delicious little snack plate, and then paired it with my Chunky Monkey Greek Yogurt Ice Cream. As if that dessert could get any better. =)

So if you haven't seen my posts on twitter or instagram, I've become obsessed with Nuttzo. I got a jar after reading about it on other blogs and I really shouldn't have. Because it is so darn good, like I can't stop eating it.
Besides using it in those muffins, I have made delicious oatmeal with it...

And I made Cort Nuttzo stuffed french toast with it...
SO GOOD. I buy mine at Whole Foods, but if you don't live near a Whole Foods (which is a shame, darn you Mechanicsburg), you can order it here. Now is it more expensive than most nut butters? Yes. But that's because it is high quality and delicious and totally worth it. In fact, just take a look at the ingredients in the original flavor... "Organic Peanuts, Organic Cashews, Organic Almonds, Organic Brazilian Nuts, Organic Sunflower Seeds, Organic Flax Seeds, Organic Hazelnuts, Sea Salt." 

 Nothing artificial, all healthy nuts and seeds. It is the perfect way to refuel after a workout. I am officially nuts for NUTTZO! =) 










No comments:

Post a Comment