Monday, February 4, 2013

Hello again!

Hello to all of my readers!

It has been a long, long time since my last post, and so many awesome things have happened. I've been in sunny California for exactly one month and I'm loving every minute! We are about a 10-40 minute drive to Santa Monica, West Hollywood, Laguna, Newport, Malibu... you name it. So Cort and I have enjoyed exploring California and spending time in all of these beautiful, sunny places.





I am also in love with our kitchen so I have been cooking and baking up a storm! It is twice the size as the one I had in State College and it even has a garbage disposal and an ice maker... two things I never knew I could appreciate so much.


Last night's dinner was VEGGIE-LICIOUS! I made a trip to Whole Foods after crossfit to stock up on fruits and veggies for the week. I wanted to make a protein packed vegetarian meal for dinner so I grabbed two cans of beans as well. 


This meal is so easy anyone can make it and the flavors were delish!

Bean and Veggie Bowl 
Serves 2-3
-1/2 can no salt added black beans
-1/2 can no salt added white beans
-a handful of cherry tomatoes, sliced in half
-about 10-15 brussel sprouts, sliced in half
-1 cup chopped carrots
-a handful of green beans, cut into pieces
-2 tbsp of olive oil
-salt and pepper 

Directions:
-Toss the sliced brussel sprouts and carrots in 2 tbsp of olive oil. Season with salt and pepper and put in a 375 degree oven for 20 minutes.


-Add the sliced cherry tomatoes to the brussel sprouts and carrots, and let roast for an additional 10 minutes. 


-While the veggies are roasting, boil the green beans in a pan of water for a few minutes
-Drain the water, and add the black and white beans (drained and rinsed) into the same pan on low heat


-Take the veggies out of the oven and combine with the beans in the pan
-Let all of the ingredients cook together for another few minutes
-Serve and enjoy!


No comments:

Post a Comment