Sunday, July 8, 2012

Power Muffins!

Hello!

I have had such a crazy week and I haven't had much time to post, but I hope everyone had a great 4th of July! This week has been so insanely hot I had to get up almost every morning at 7am to get my work outs in, so I was looking forward to sleep in this morning!

I have another recipe for you, I have FINALLY perfected my muffin recipe! There is no flour, oil, dairy, or processed sugar in these. They are perfect for breakfast, a midday snack, or to satisfy a craving before bed!

Power Muffins! (aka Banana Oat Flax Muffins)

Ingredients:
1 1/2 cup oats
1/4 cup raw honey (or any natural sweetener of your choice; pure maple syrup, agave, etc.)
1/4 cup almond yogurt
1/4 cup unsweetened organic apple sauce
2 mashed bananas
2 tsp baking powder
2 tsp cinnamon
2 tbsp ground flaxseed
1 egg white

*Makes about 9 small muffins

Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 375 degrees, and spray muffin tins.

2. Put the dry ingredients (oats, cinnamon, and baking powder) into a blender or ideally a food processor and blend until oats have turned into a flour.

3. Add in the remaining ingredients and blend together.

4. Pour batter into muffin tins and sprinkle with a few oats. Bake for 15-18 minutes. Cut in half and enjoy with peanut butter, almond butter, or jelly!




I enjoyed two of these with peanut butter, an omelette with 2 egg whites and 1 egg, and some fresh fruit for breakfast this morning. Great way to start your day!











No comments:

Post a Comment