Sunday, July 15, 2012

Fresh and Healthy Tuna Boats


Yesterday was such an awesome day... Cort, Ben, Bob, and KC were in the SPARTAN RACE! It was so fun to watch, especially since the guys killed everyone in their heat so congrats to them! Between watching that and the Crossfit games this weekend, I am definitely feeling bummed I didn't register to compete in anything this summer, so I'm looking for some good races to do this fall!





Now for the good stuff (food!)... I wanted to share one of my new favorite lunch/snack ideas with you guys, tuna boats!


I normally have a salad for lunch with some tuna on top, but today when I went to make lunch we were out of lettuce, so I thought I was out of luck! However, my mom recently bought some endive leaves for a recipe she was making, so I decided to use these little guys to make tuna boats! Endive leaves are great to use because they hold different fillings really well, and they are super crunchy. I topped three endive leaves with my tuna salad and some sliced tomatoes. I added some other cut veggies with some spinach hummus on the side to complete my lunch!


Tuna Salad Recipe:
-1 can of Bumble Bee Solid White Albacore Tuna (or any white tuna of your choice)
-1 tbsp of nonfat plain greek yogurt
-freshly squeezed juice from half of a lemon
-a bit of sea salt, pepper, and a sprinkling of onion salt


So light, colorful, and delicious! 


No comments:

Post a Comment